Delphos International is seeking a self-starting junior finance professional to join its team as an Associate with a focus on its Transaction Advisory and Consulting business line.
Based in Washington, D.C., the position is full-time.
The Associate will be assigned to multiple transactions and company initiatives. The Associate is expected to perform the following duties with minimal oversight:
- Build, audit, manipulate/edit, and interpret dynamic financial models for infrastructure projects.
- Conduct research and financial and economic analyses to be incorporated into feasibility studies and technical evaluations of infrastructure projects in a variety of sectors including power and energy, transportation, water, and telecom.
- Conduct in-depth sensitivity and scenario analyses in Excel and produce visually compelling charts and summaries.
- Write thorough and well-organized financial, economic, market, and regulatory reports for clients.
- Support the preparation of bid submissions in response to competitive RFPs and other business and client development efforts.
- Some domestic and international travel and client interface required with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MS in Finance, etc.) or CFA a plus
- Training in financial modeling and credit analysis a plus
Prior Work Experience Required
- Two or more years of relevant experience working for an accounting firm, investment or commercial bank, development finance institution, consulting/transaction advisory firm, or for a corporation.
- Relevant experience working in energy (solar, wind, geothermal, hydropower, gas), project finance, and/or with development agencies a plus.
- Experience working in/with developing countries.
- Intermediate to advanced financial modeling and sensitivity analysis skill; working knowledge of macros/visual basic a plus.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting historical financial statements, including familiarity with the GAAP/IAS standards.
- Experience conducting market assessments, risk analysis, and/or contract reviews.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, often in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Concise and persuasive business writing skills.
- $65k-$80k base salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Significant bonus potential.
- Potential for rapid career growth in a small, dynamic organization.
- 401k plan and market-standard benefit package.
Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a financial modeling quiz to confirm that the requirements set out above are met.
Finalist candidates will be required to pass a background check and a drug test.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Brian Tarmey at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Varun Hallikeri at email@example.com.