Delphos International is seeking a self-starting finance professional to join its team as a Vice President.
Based in Washington, D.C., the position is full-time. Based on the pandemic, Delphos has flexibility around the “start date” in Washington, D.C., but the expectation is that the position will be on U.S. Eastern Time Zone business hours.
The Vice President (VP) will be assigned to multiple transactions and company initiatives working with all members of the organization. The VP is expected to perform the following duties with minimal oversight:
- Build, audit, manipulate/edit, and interpret dynamic financial models for greenfield and expansion infrastructure projects complete with financial statements, assumptions, covenant and return analysis, and other schedules as appropriate. Design and build out compelling modeling-based solutions for client analysis and deliverables.
- Conduct in depth sensitivity and scenario analyses for client businesses and financial models and produce visually compelling charts and summaries.
- Write thorough and well-organized financial, credit and/or commercial memoranda for clients and investors.
- Review, edit, and provide feedback on models, analyses, and written product prepared by Company Associates
- Internally manage various processes and deliverables related to the origination and closing of project finance transactions.
- Train, manage, and/or mentor Delphos Associates and Analysts/Interns.
- Assist in various special projects as required by the Company.
- Some domestic and international travel and client interface required with experience (post-COVID).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MS in Finance, etc.) or CFA a plus
- Training in financial modeling and credit analysis a plus
Prior Work Experience Required
- Two to four years of experience, preferably in transactional finance or investment banking type role, working for an accounting firm, investment or commercial bank, development finance institution, consulting/transaction advisory firm, or for a corporate.
- Relevant experience working in energy infrastructure, or telecom sectors or experience with project finance, M&A, investment/commercial banking or DFI lending is a plus.
- Experience supervising the work of others is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced financial modeling and sensitivity analysis skills.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting historical financial statements, including familiarity with the GAAP/IAS standards.
- Experience analyzing businesses for key assumptions, trends, risks, context supply/demand dynamics, and contracts.
- MS Excel expertise; working knowledge of macros/visual basic a plus.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, often in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external audiences, including senior executives, clients, etc.
- Concise and persuasive business writing skills.
- Ability to manage transactions, projects, or financing processes, with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a financial modeling quiz to confirm that the requirements set out above are met.
Finalist candidates will be required to pass a background check and a drug test.
Interested candidates should complete Delphos’ Candidate Assessment (link) and email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume should include candidate’s GPA and eligibility to work in the United States.