Financial Analyst Spring Intern
FINANCIAL ANALYST SPRING INTERN
Locations: Washington, D.C. or Eastern Time Zone
ABOUT DELPHOS INTERNATIONAL:
Delphos International is a premier independent financial advisory firm specializing in raising long-term, competitively-priced capital for businesses in emerging markets. Founded in 1987, we have arranged over $20 billion in development finance (equity, grants, loans, loan guarantees, and insurance) to support the efforts of over 1,200 companies. We specialize in tapping into the resources of more than 350 government agencies and multilateral organizations worldwide to help clients realize their international business goals and have sustainable impact. In addition to our capital raising efforts, Delphos International has broad experience providing financial advisory services to government and private sector clients across multiple industries, including power, telecoms, agriculture, social infrastructure, real estate, and financial services, among others. Our geographic scope covers emerging and frontier markets globally, including Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. Headquartered in Washington, D.C. Delphos operates a global network of financial solution advisors with additional offices in London, Montreal, Hong Kong, Beijing, New York, Los Angeles, Guatemala City, and Cape Town.
For more details, visit www.delphosinternational.com .
Delphos International is seeking Financial Analyst Interns for the Spring of 2022. The ideal candidate would be a current graduate or undergraduate-level (sophomore and up) student, pursuing a degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a similar field of study, with a background and interest in international business, finance, and infrastructure/energy. Candidates should have a good understanding of financial statements, strong writing and research skills, and solid financial modelling/MS Excel skills. The internship period is from late January to May, with some flexibility regarding the starting and ending dates. The internship is part-time, with a minimum requirement of 20 hours per week.
Interns provide assistance to the firm’s staff across all levels, including the most senior team members. Full-time staff rely heavily on interns to complete substantive work and be trusted members of the team. Successful may have an opportunity to transition to a full-time position.
The Financial Analyst Intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting economic, market, and other research.
- Assisting capital raising transaction teams throughout the project cycle (initial information gathering for new transaction, preparing teasers, decks and info memos , reviewing financial statements and performing financial analysis, assisting with financial modeling and valuation, assisting with lender/investor due diligence process, etc.).
- Monitoring databases for relevant Request for Proposals.
- Assisting with client proposals.
- Performing other administrative and clerical duties (usually less than 10% of the workload).
- Other miscellaneous tasks as requested by full-time staff.
- Education: Current graduate or undergraduate (sophomore and up) student with a focus in business administration, international affairs, finance, economics, etc.
- Required Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong interest in international business, finance, and infrastructure/ energy.
- Good understanding of financial statements.
- Basic understanding of project finance.
- Strong technical writing, research, and editing skills.
- Solid financial modelling skills.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint expertise.
- Strong organizational management skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and fluency in English.
- Compensation: This is a paid internship. Hourly rates will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Opportunities: There is potential for successful interns to transition to a full-time position.
- Location: While the main office supporting interns is located in Washington, D.C., interns may work remotely on the East Coast time zone.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should include the following: (1) available start date, (2) US work authorization, (3) confirmation of availability to work at least 20 hours per week, and (4) two professional references whom we may contact.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Delphos International is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Delphos International does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnicity.